I’ve been working on this blog post most of the day, trying to make it a good one, as it’s the 200th post! Can you believe it? I don’t! This blog has evolved so much in that time; and I’m really proud of it.
I’ve now hit 102 followers!!!! How amazing is that?! I was well happy this morning when I checked my stats. Exceeded my target of 100, so thank you, thank you, thank you!! I appreciate each and every one of you; having you as part of my journey means so much to me, and the lovely comments of support are, well, simply lovely!
When I first started this blog, I never thought it would become as popular as it has. I thought it would just be like my little space on the world wide web, to come and go as I please, and say what I felt like. Which, technically, it still is! I just have more people sharing the space than I had anticipated. Who would of thought that I was that interesting eh?! Not me, haha. Personally I feel I’m quite a dull person really!
I’m really glad that I started this blog though; it’s given me the much needed place to just be myself. Of course I am myself in person as well, but my blog has proven an invaluable place to write down everything in my head; to really let it all go. I’m 100% honest, open and up-front with you all, and it really does help. Bad days aren’t so bad any more, because I know you’re all there listening to what I’ve got to say. The good days are even better days, because I know you’re there to celebrate with me! I appreciate each and every one of you; I know I’ve said that before, but I really do, all 102 of you! (Still finding that amazing!!).
So, what to write about today? I’m not really sure! It’s been a really relaxed day today, lush lie in and then just been watching tv and chillaxing. It’s the kind of days I like! Back to normality tomorrow though, as my husband is back to work. It’s going to be a bit weird that I’m not working too; but I’m sure I’ll find things to occupy my time with. I want to make my little art business work to be honest. I’ve got a couple of paintings to do, which will add to my portfolio of work, and keep me busy!
I can’t believe how much has changed since this time last year really. I’ve got nothing to look back on though for a year ago today, as I’d not started my blog! But I can remember it not being a great place for me mentally. I was still in the dark, and very confused about what was really wrong with me, and I think I even had the doctors confused too! I think that was the worst thing to be honest; knowing I was sick, but not knowing with what. I knew it wasn’t just simple depression any more, and hadn’t been for a long time. It was a lot deeper than that, and I was scared. I was a google freak! Constantly searching for my own diagnosis, as I was so desperate to know what was going on. I was told off many a time by my GP for doing so! (In a nice way haha).
Being told I have Bipolar was an epic day for me; April 1st 2014, ironically! But at the same time it was a relief. I finally knew what I was dealing with and could tackle it head on. It was time to really start fighting back, and I did. I accepted the medications, therapies etc that I was offered, and really got stuck in with it. I was determined to not let it beat me.
Now, 7 months on, I’m winning. Each and every day is a victory for me. Just getting out of bed in the morning is a win!
Anyway, I’ll save my epic summary of this year for the end of the year! …am a little tired and hyper at the same time today.. kind of a weird feeling!!
For those of you new to my blog, here is 20 random facts about me!
- I am 29 years old and I live in the UK with my husband and a cat!
- I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Anxiety.
- I am a recovering alcoholic.
- I sing, both solo and as part of my local Rock Choir
- My favourite colour is purple, and it is the colour of my birthstone, Amethyst
- My favourite meal is Spaghetti Bolognaise.
- I have 7 tattoos, all of which have their own meaning
- I have my own business, although it’s still in early days at the moment!
- I love motorsport; F1, BTCC and WRC to name a few!
- My top 3 bands/artists are: Green Day, Black Veil Brides and Demi Lovato
- I’m obsessed with Batman…
- I’m a self-confessed geek and proud!
- My favourite tv shows are: The Walking Dead, Hollyoaks (don’t judge!) and The Big Bang Theory
- I have 2 wonderful God daughters, eldest is 16, youngest is 2.
- I have 1 sister, 3 brother-in-laws, and 2 sister-in-laws.
- My biggest weakness is chocolate!!
- My strength is my determination to succeed
- I have a phobia of vomit (emetephobia), spiders, snakes and clowns!
- I started this blog on December 31st 2013
- I have overcome self harm, 235 days clean as of today!
That’s all for today folks! Until next time, stay strong and take care….x